You may remember that we shared a few home features over the summer on the blog, like Beth’s Family Room, Danielle’s Kitchen Awnings and Beth’s 5 Coffee Table Essentials. One of our favorite home projects was working with the ladies from Luxe Report Designs to style the acrylic console in Beth’s family room. Since styling consoles can be tricky, we decided to create a simple, step-by-step video from start to finish to share with you today!
If you’d like to re-create this look, we have also included the pieces Beth used and why we love them below:
- Mirror – We love the chic, island vibe of Serena & Lily’s Lanai Mirror. It’s the perfect update on a classic piece and also looks great in an entryway, bathroom or bedroom!
- Art – This Palm No. 1 Print by Stephanie Sterjovski looks beautiful framed in a rose gold frame by Framebridge and leaned up against the mirror to create an interesting layer. Art prints are definitely an easy and affordable way to change up our style!
- Stools – Working with what you have is always a good idea. Beth took her old Target stools to The Painted Ox and had them refurbished in a durable blush fabric. The stools under the console are both pretty and practical for extra seating!
- Books – We love books and are always on the lookout for new ones. Some of our must-haves include Island Style, Lee and D. Porthault’s new book, The Art of Luxury Linens.
- Brass Pineapples – We have brass pineapples all over our homes and our favorite place to score vintage ones from is Fig House Vintage!
- Candle – Diptyque’s “Baies” Scented Candle is one of Beth’s favorite scents and the candle has an elevated look when displayed inside a clear vase!
- Florals – The Luxe Report ladies introduced us to these raffia baskets from Lindroth Design to put your orchids in, and we just adore them!
When you are decorating, remember to have fun and throw out any rules that you are worried about. Your home should be a reflection of your own personality and lifestyle, so we want you to take our suggestions and make them you’re own! We’d also love to know, do you have trouble when it comes to styling consoles, did this video help and would you like to see more home decor how-to videos? xo
Photography: Shea Christine
Styling: Luxe Report Designs
Frame: c/o Framebridge
Palm No. 1 print: c/o Stephanie Sterjovski
Brass pineapples: c/o Fig House Vintage
Raffia basket: c/o Lindroth Design
A special thanks to Celebration Stylist for the tutorial on how to create Stop Motion Instagram videos!