We are having so much fun getting into the fall spirit lately! While we definitely don’t have a true “fall” down here in Florida, we don’t let it hold us back from finding creative ways to celebrate the season. October is our favorite time to start updating our closets and homes with fall-friendly finds, and today we have rounded up our five fall favorites that have us feeling ready for the new season, in spite of the heat!
Read on for our favorite new finds and why we love these pieces:
- Rain booots – We don’t have crisp, fall mornings here in FL, but we do have rainy days like today and Hunter Boots are still our favorites for dodging puddles! We recently added this pink pair to our collection and love how cheery and fun they are. If pink isn’t your thing, there are lots of colors to chose from like black, green, blue and more in matte or glossy finishes. We love getting matching ones for our toddlers and little kiddos, too!
- Baskets – We have a thing for baskets, and you’ll find them in various styles and sizes all over our homes. This large one from Pottery Barn works great as a catch-all by the front door and is current holding a bundle of fresh, white pumpkins for fall decor by the door. It gets bonus points for currently being on sale for $46.99 <regularly $59>! Other stylish baskets we love include this Banana Leaf Basket in Pink from Studio McGee and these Raffia Baskets from Lindroth Design.
- Overalls – We haven’t worn overalls since we were kids, but we finally broke that streak this season. When we saw this slim fitting pair by Madewell, we had to try them! They surprisingly fit really well and make a great fall outfit as we transition into cooler weather. They do run a little small, so we recommend sizing up!
- Wreath – A pretty fall wreath hung on the front door is the perfect way to welcome guests into your home. True story: we spotted this beautiful faux magnolia wreath on our neighbor’s front door and had to have it! For a fun twist, hang one on the inside of your door so you can enjoy seeing it, too. The magnolia one from Pier 1 also comes in a larger sized wreath, garland and floral arrangement in a ceramic pot, too!
- Rug – We have been eyeing this pink plaid indoor/outdoor rug by Annie Selke for some time. We love that it’s made of an eco-friendly polyester fiber made from recycled plastic bottles and is durable for heavy traffic. Unfortunately they are sold out of the 3×5 size that we purchased, but they do have a 10×14 still available for a larger space – and it’s on clearance for just $414 down from $1655!
We hope some of these pieces inspire you to update your closet and home for the cozy new season. For more fall fun, come back on Thursday for our favorite new ruffled sweaters!
Photography by: Iris Moore Photography