Un Dejeuner Parisien
Hello, chic peas! It’s TheFashionMagpie here, and I’m SUPER excited to be guest-posting for the lovely sisters today. Since Beth is preparing to attend a fab little Paris-themed gathering, she asked for my thoughts on the ideal getup for a dejeuner parisien (Parisian lunch)…
1. A collarless, textured jacket ($450) – nothing says Paris more than a Chanel-inspired topper. Get the look for less with this $129 Zara style
2. An architectural sheath ($520) – French women tend to dress in upscale neutral basics like this. I could just as readily envision pairing this with black tights and sky-high booties. Get the look for less with this $92 TopShop style
3. Hipsta shades by hip eyewear line Super ($165) – the ultimate chic pea accessory.
4. A be-ribboned pearl necklace from Auden Jewelry ($558) – or any long tangle of pearls will do, like this $78 version from Juliet & Company or this $125 version from BaubleBar.
5. A ladylike perfume: I’m loving Narcisco Rodriguez these days ($95), and the packaging is so sophisticated and sexy!
6. Feminine underthings ($68 for bra, $20 for undies) – nothing says French chic like lacy lingerie. Plus, I find that coordinating unmentionables just make me feel that much more pulled together.
7. Pointy-toed glam slam heels: these lucite-accented bad boys are by Thierry Mugler and will set you back a steep $1,225 – but you can get the look for less with this $345 pair from Theyksens’ Theory. I’m obsessed with the Mugler pair because they feel both ‘80s and ultra-modern at the same time. They’re right at home with all of the neons we’re seeing this season.
8. An understated and roomy black handbag. Take a gander at the chicest French ladies – they almost invariably sport understated, non-flashy handbags, with nary a tag or pattern in side. For that reason, this Givenchy duffel is the ultimate Parisian-chic score, but it does carry a hefty price tag ($2,570). This Tory Burch style achieves the look for less (on sale for $400).